Importing customer/manufacturer/supplier data and contact data
Stitchex provides the ability to import mass updates of customer, manufacturer, supplier and agent data rather that making updates to each of them one-by-one. Example business cases where you may want to take advantage of this feature are listed below:
- Transferring information from another database or spreadsheet.
- Updating contact data such as email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses.
- Reassigning Agents from one organization to another organization.
Click the plus sign next to Contacts located on your left, main vertical menu as shown in Figure 1 below.
- Select Customers, Suppliers or Manufacturers from the sub-menu as shown in Figure 1 below.
- Click the Upload icon in the top right corner as shown in Figure 2.
- Either "Choose File" to browse for your existing file if you know it is in the correct format. Or, click the "company" link to download a new template file that you can populate with your data. (Figure 3).
You'll notice a link to download example spreadsheets that describe the exact structure required for your spreadsheet before uploading. You should download these and transform your existing spreadsheet into the same format with the same column headers before attempting to upload.
We recommend upload a UTF8 encoded CSV file. If you are using an older version of Excel that cannot produce a valid CSV file, you can upload a .xls file.
- Export your Customers
- Change the name of your Agents associated with each company
- Re-import your customers.
All Sales associated with the agent (from Commission reporting perspective) will be from that point in time going forward.
Also note when you make changes and using the import method:
- You cannot have more than one Agent associated with a company
- The Agent Name must have already be defined within your company's profile.
- You cannot associate Agents to companies that did not previously have agents associated with them
- Remember to make sure you do not have any blank "Currencies" or your import will fail
Company import spreadsheet format
A company spreadsheet file can be uploaded to update company data for your customers/manufacturers or suppliers. The valid columns are detailed below.
The company name. Required on every row.
Select manufacturer, supplier or customer.
Enter a reference for your customer.
Two letter country code as specified by the Nations Online List. Used for segmenting in reports and filtering.
The city of the company. Used for segmenting in reports and filtering.
The company website.
Private notes associated with this customer/manufacturer.
Enter the type of customer: wholesale or retail
Specify which pricing Channel will be used for this customer. What you define din Settings>Channel.
Specify the type of customer (e.g. wholesale, retail).
Specify the tags for the customer (e.g. stylist, press).
address_country - (as specified by the Nations Online List.)
Postal address associated with the company. You can add additional lines to your spreadsheet to include additional addresses. The 'name' column is required on the additional row in order to associate the address with the correct company.
The address to use as a default for customer invoices.
The address to use as a default for shipping products.
Default tax/VAT percentage for this customer.
The name of the agent to associate this customer with (as entered on the Settings -> Agents page).
VAT number for this customer or suppler.
The three letter capitalized currency code (e.g. "USD") for this supplier.
Enter the name of the channel as entered on the Settings>Currency & Channels setting.
Default payment terms for this customer.
- Note: If the payment term exists under Settings>Invoices, it will be applied to the customer's profile. If it does not exist under Settings>Invoices, it will be created as a new payment term with that name under Invoices>Settings and associated with that customers' profile. The Number of days associated with that new payment term will be 0. If you want a different Number of days, you will need to go to Settings>Invoices to modify that Payment Term manually.
The person's first name. (Only required field).
The person's last name.
The contact's position/role.
The contact's phone number.
Alternative phone number.
The contact's email address.
Private notes relating to this contact.
Enter the type of contact: buyer, shipping or billing.