The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of navigation terminology and techniques within Stitchex. Specific details on how to perform business functions are addressed in Business-Specific Knowledge Articles.
Main Vertical Menu
The Main Vertical Menu is located on the left side of your screen as shown below. This Main Vertical Menu is generally accessible from anywhere within Stitchex and will be your main navigation tool.
The blue "hide" or "show" button allows you to toggle between a collapsed view (pictures only) or full view (words and pictures) of the main menu. This is useful if you need more space on your screen to view a particular transaction. (Figure 1)
On the Main Vertical Menu you will find access to various "modules" within Stitchex that performs different business functions. And, within these individual modules you will find additional menus, settings and drill down capabilities that guide and direct those functions. Examples are provided towards the end of this document.
Main Horizontal Menu
The Main Horizontal Menu at the right-top of your screen allows you access to several key areas. One of the most important is the Settings Menu.
- Help Articles - Access to a wide breadth of Knowledge Articles
- Notifications - Manage the types of notifications you receive
- Configuration Settings - Click on arrow to the right of the circle with your initials to get the drop down menu.
- Your Name - Customize settings specific to your profile
- + Launch a new brand (and your current brands will be displayed above)
- Getting started - Configure your Stitchex account to suit your business.
- **Settings** - Configure many Module specific settings
- Integration - Configure Logistics, Accounting and Retail integrations
- Activity - See recent activity for your organization
- Subscription - Manage your subscription
- Sign out - Log off of Stitchex
Settings Vertical Sub Menu
The Settings Menu is available from the Main Horizontal Menu drop down list as described in (**Settings**) above and shown in Figure 3. Many of the various module Knowledge Articles reference this "settings" menu. You will want to remember how to find it. Similar to the Main Horizontal Menu, it is accessible from all modules.
Note, many of these menus are only available to user accounts with "Owner" permissions and not "Member" permissions. If you do not see these permissions, please contact the Owner of your account. If you are the Owner, please contact the Stitchex Help Center for assistance.
Once you click on the Settings menu option, another Secondary Vertical Menu appears to the right of your Main Vertical Menu. When you click on any of those menu options, additional configuration and setting pages appear allowing more customization to your business specific modules. In the example below, the (default) Company Details page is displayed.
From the Settings Menu, you can control how your business specific modules behave, the outputs generated for your customers, how your financials are handled, how your paperwork is handled, how warehousing and synchronization of your inventory, orders and products to and from your retail stores are handled.
Other Vertical Sub Menus
You will find other vertical sub menus within Stitchex such as with Reports and Integrations. Click on Reports from the Main Vertical Menu and a new, vertical "sub menu" for Reports displays. Click on any of these reports to see additional options to run and configure those reports.
Business Specific Modules
On the Main Vertical Menu you will find access to various "modules" within Stitchex that performs different business functions. And, within these individual modules you will find additional menus, settings and drill down capabilities that guide and direct those functions.
As an example, if you select "Products" from the Main Vertical Menu, you will find this "main horizontal menu" for all of your products:
The Products horizontal menu allows you to filter by season, category, manufacturer, tags, search or scroll through other pages of products.
If you notice on the top right of this Products horizontal menu, there are additional drop down options:
- Cogwheel - The "cogwheel" provides another drop down of settings for additional functions within that module. For this specific module, it is for creating line sheets or manual order.
- Plus Sign - The plus sign is used in many of the modules and generally means to "add" something. In this example, we would add a new Product. If you were in the Customer module, it would mean "add" a new customer.
- Upload Icon - The upload icon is available in many modules and generally allows you to import data from another source into Stitchex. In the Product module, you can import your products from a file.
These types of drop down options are often available on all of your screens within the business specific modules. (See those specific business functions for more information).
All of your Products are listed below the Products horizontal menu. And, if you drill down further into the product, you will find another "horizontal menu" for that specific product. In this case, the product-specific horizontal menu are listed at the top as "tabs": Product Details, Variations, Images, SKUs, Manufacturing, Design and eCommerce. If you click on any of these "tabs", you will get pages with different "sections" that allow you to further customize information about your product.
In addition to the tabs, you will also note additional drop down options (e.g. Documents) for your selection.
For additional information on any of these business functions, you will want to visit the specific Knowledge Article
Nesting of Functionality within the Business Modules
Nested within many of the Business Modules, you will find functionality that is also available from the Main Vertical Menu.
As an example, you can create Shipments by navigating to your order in two different ways:
Option 1 from within Sales Orders:
- Select "Sales Orders" (Business Module) from the Main Vertical Menu
- Select one of your orders
- Scroll down to the Sales History
- Click on your order
- Select Pick Ticket from the drop down menu in the top right corner
- Click Ship in the top right corner
Option 2 from Main Vertical Menu:
- Select Pick & Pack from the Main Vertical Menu
- Select the Pick Ticket for one of your orders.
- Click Ship in the right top corner
These two methods achieve the same purpose. Option 2 allows you to select multiple pick tickets from multiple orders. Option 1 allows you to focus on one customers order.
Other business specific modules function the same way in that you will see/have access to them within a specific product or order. And, you may also navigate to them from the Main Vertical Menu.
Other examples include SKU's and Raw Materials. These are accessible within the Products tab but are also available on the Main Vertical Menu because they are frequently used for more than one product.
Searching, Sorting and Filtering
Some of these menus allow you to Search, Sort and Filter. As an example, on the Shipments list, if you click on the blue headers (e.g. Shipment Number, Order Number, Date, Customer, etc.), your list will toggle between ascending and descending order.
You can also type the customer or product in the field next to the magnify glass and click the magnify glass to locate all customer records for that customer order (or product).
You can click on the funnel next to the Number Range to filter on a particular number. And (Or), you can use the drop down list to further narrow the list down by Season.
These search, sort and filtering functions are available throughout many modules within Stitchex.