After shipping your order to your customer, you can create a "return document" to keep track of items that are being returned by your customer and to return those items to stock (increasing your stock levels). Although most common for consignment sales, a return document can be created for any type of sale.
Creating a return
To create a return:
- Navigate to the relevant sales order.
- Select "Return" from your "Create" drop down menu in the top right as shown in Figure 1 below.
- In the "Create a return" dialog box, click in the box to the left of the Product Identifier for the product you want to return as shown in Figure 2.
- Then, enter the quantities to return as shown in Figure 2 below.
- Click Create Return button (Figure 2).
You can only return the products that have already shipped through Shipment tickets. And you can only create Shipments once you've created Pick Tickets. For more information on these, see our Knowledge Article.
You'll notice that the "return document" (Figure 3) created is marked "NOT CHECKED IN" at the top left corner. Use the "Check in" button at the top right-hand side to add the units back into your current stock once you have received them. If you wish to create a credit note for the returned items you can do that as well. See Credit Notes for more information.