Creating a New Product
Before you can populate a sales order or production order, you'll need to add your products to your Stitchex account. Luckily, it's quick and easy to add products to Stitchex and only a minimum of information is required before you can get started building orders.
It's also possible to import product data by uploading a spreadsheet. All the different aspects of the product data (variations, pricing, images) can be specified in the spreadsheet.
- Select "Product" from the left, vertical menu
- Click on the "plus sign" (+) in the top right corner
Complete the 5 fields listed below and then click "Create Product".
- Product Identifier - Enter your unique product identifier. The product identifier can be used across multiple seasons. As an example, if you have the same product in the Spring as you have in the Summer, you can carry over all configuration items leveraging the product identifier. Note: This would not carry over the ordering/shipping information from one season to another.
- Name - Give your product a name.
- Season - Select the season in which you would like your product to be available using the drop down list.
- Sizes - Specify the sizes you would like to use from the drop down menu.
- Colorways - Specify the Colorways for your product. This is the list of color/material variations for this product. You must select at least one color/material variation. This information is important and will be used to complete your Product Image and Swatch Images and Color Standards. See those Knowledge Articles for additional information.
Enter (or Edit) Product Details
Once you complete the above information, you will automatically be taken to the Product Details tab. On this screen, you can update these fields:
Categories & Subcategories
Select the Category for your product using the drop down list. Categorizing your product helps you locate them more quickly using filters. Examples of categories are hats, dresses, etc. If you do not see the category you need, feel free to select "uncategorized". Or, if you want to create a new category, click the Setup Product Categories link below the drop down list to be taken to the Settings>Product Setup page. On the Settings>Product Setup page, you can also define your Subcategories.
Here are examples of Categories:
Here are examples of Subcategories:
Also, see Product Display Order for how these categories and subcategories will be used.
Specify tags which will help you search for your product later.
Add a Product Image to the left by clicking on the "Add cover image" section and browsing for your file.
eCommerce and Showroom
Type a description for your eCommerce and Showrooms in this section. Use the toolbar to add bold, italic, underlining, bullet lists and left/right/center justification to your text to make it stand out. Switch between the eCommerce tab and the Showroom tab to add different text.
Don't forget to save your work when you have entered this information by clicking on Save blue button in the top right corner.