When you're ready to enter your production phase, Stitchex lets you build a production order and suggested the correct quantities to products in order to cover your customer orders.
Stitchex tracks the total quantities in your production orders, lets you receive inventory from your manufacturers in stages and keeps track of how much production you have still to receive. Stitchex can also tell you how much excess production you have available to sell.
Production orders travel through a similar workflow to customer orders. They start in a draft, unconfirmed state where you can add products and edit quantities. After confirmation, quantities can be received into stock by creating a number of "delivery" records. Finally, a production order becomes complete when all quantities are received into stock or cancelled.
Note that until a production order is confirmed, it won't have an effect on the quantities reported as "required" or "available to sell" in the relevant inventory reports.
Creating a production order
- Navigate to your Production Orders page.
- Click the button to open the "New Production Order" dialog.
- Enter the manufacture name and click the "Create Production Order" button.
You'll be redirected to your newly created, empty production order.
You can manually add products to your order by clicking the "add products" link or button, but usually you'll want to add the quantities required to cover your sales orders. To do this:
- Click the "Add Required" button. This will open the "Add required quantities" dialog. This dialog shows you the required production quantities for products associated with this manufacturer.
- Click "Add Quantities".
- View and optionally amend the quantities added to the production order.
- You'll notice that the "Add Quantities" button has altered to "Nothing required" as Stitchex takes into account quantities in tentative, unconfirmed production orders when suggesting production quantities.
From this point you can setup various attributes of your production order accordingly. For example, you can set a tax level, delivery contact, delivery address etc.
When you've finished adding quantities, click the "Confirm" button to confirm the order.
Generate a production order PDF
Use the "Documents" drop-down to generate a production order PDF that you can send to your manufacturer.