Managing your material inventory is an important step in understanding the total cost of your products as material cost feed directly into the production of your products. The Material Inventory view within Stitchex allows you the opportunity to manage your Raw Materials.
On the Material Inventory screen, you will be able to see sizes, colors, what is in stock, what is ordered (confirmed customer sales orders), what is in production (at your manufacturer) and what is available (current inventory).
To access this view, select Material Inventory from your left, main vertical menu. From there, you can filter for your season, category, supplier or product.
Click on your Material Name to drill down into that particular material for additional information.
Use the "download" button at the bottom left of the screen to download your material (CSV or Excel formats), make edits and upload back into Stitchex.
- In Stock represents Raw Materials that have been ordered and "received".
- Ordered represents what has been ordered from your supplier but has not yet been received.
- In Production are the raw materials that are with your manufacturer to build product required to fill your sales orders.
- Available is similar to In Stock except it does not include those raw materials that are already "reserved" for production orders.
If you already have your data in another spreadsheet or database, you can import that data into Stitchex without having to manually create your raw materials one-by-one.
From the listing of all of your Material Inventory page, click on the "upload" button at top-right to open the Import dialog:
You'll notice a link to download a materials spreadsheet template. The spreadsheet template illustrates the exact structure required for your upload spreadsheet.
- Download the template
- Add your data to the template using the same structure and column headings provided in the template spreadsheet. (Don't change the column heading names).
- Once your data has been added, save your file to your usual location.
- Use The "Browse" button to locate your file (where you saved it).
- Click the "Upload" button.
Stitchex will transform your existing spreadsheets into the same format with the same column headers before attempting to upload into Stitchex.
Once your Raw Materials have been imported, you will be presented with the Import History screen that shows you whether the import was successful.
Import Alerts & Notifications
You will also receive an email confirmation from email@example.com:
In addition, you will get a notification at the top, right of the screen letting you know whether they passed or failed. Click on the "bell" to see these notifications:
Raw Materials spreadsheet import fields
Listed below are the Raw Materials spreadsheet import fields and their description. Also noted is whether these are "required" fields or not. If not a required field, feel free to leave them blank. If they are a required field, the data in that field cannot be left blank or the upload will fail.
Short raw material name.
The raw material category name. If the category doesn't yet exist, a new category will be created. Required field.
The supplier reference information (e.g. their part number).
The price for a single unit.
Color that distinguishes this raw material variation. You will have one row for each variation in your spreadsheet with different values in this column.
Enter the size of the raw material.
The name of the company.
The currency this supplier uses.
The longer product description.
The sizes this raw material is available in.
The width of the raw material.
The link to an online image.
textile_content The textile content value for the product variation.
US harmonized tariff code for the product variation.
The manufacturer identification code for the product variation. For more info, see Requirements for MID: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/952/~/requirements-for-mid%E2%80%99s
country_of_origin Two letter ISO code (e.g. GB, US, CN) that corresponds to the product variation's country of manufacturing origin. NOTE: Please use the country codes defined at https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/country_code_list.htminstead of spelling out the country.
intrastat_code EU member state intrastat code for the product variation.
The hexi code color.
Enter the fees for duty.
Enter any fees for shipping or freight.
Enter any other cost associated with the supply of this raw material.
Enter any quantities that are minimally required.
Other Knowledge Articles
See other Knowledge Articles to learn more how your Raw Material Inventory is impacted.
- See our Materials Knowledge Article to learn how to add Raw Materials and associated attributes (swatch, color, suppliers, pricing, etc.) to your Materials Database.
- See our Material requirements Knowledge Article to for information on managing Raw Materials that are required to cover customer sales orders or production (for manufacturing) orders.
- See our Material Orders Knowledge Article to create orders for your suppliers to obtain raw materials.
- See our Manage Material Name Changes to learn what to do if you have a material name change.