Manage Material Name Changes
You may have a material name changes that you want to make in Stitchex.
Adding New Material
The best option is to create a new material name. See Adding New Materials Knowledge Articles.
However, if you have other colors associated with that material name, you may need to update the existing material instead.
Update Existing Material
To update an existing material:
- Open the existing material by selecting "Raw Material" from your left, main vertical menu.
- Change the old name of the material to the new name for the material.
- Click Update.
- Go to the Variations tab.
- Change any colors that need to change or add new colors.
- Click Update.
Bulk Uploading of Name Changes
You may encounter errors if you are trying to import these updates into Stitchex from an upload file. If you have the same name for multiple colors, you may get error messages that the name already exist. If so, you will need to follow the steps above for the name change.
Your historical reports and statistics will not be impacted by name changes because you are not changing any products; only the raw materials.
Updating Your Product
Once your material name has been changed, you need to update your products with the newly added material and remove the old material.
- Locate your Product.
- On the Raw Materials tab, add the new raw materials and colors for each size. See our Knowledge Article on Completing Product Setup for additional information on editing Raw Materials associated with your Products.
- Delete the old material/colors that this product will no longer be using by clicking on the recycling bin at the end of the row.