Channels allow you to set different pricing streams for your products. For example, if you sell your products mostly to wholesale customers but have some private clients, you can define two pricing structures by creating a channel for each type of sale. Later, you can segment your reports, dashboard and other areas of Stitchex by channel.
Creating a channel
Navigate to Settings > Channels & Currencies then:
- Click on the plus sign in the top right corner to add a new channel and bring up the new channel form.
- Enter the channel name. An example channel name might be "Wholesale", "Private Clients", "Online Sales". You can always change the name later.
- Enter the channel currency. This is the currency that all sales associated with this channel will be billed in. After creating the channel, you will be able to configure pricing for your products in this currency. Keep in mind that you cannot change a channel's currency later.
- Note from this form, you can specify to use retail pricing or hide the channel
Setting channel pricing
You can price your products separately for each of your channels. When you edit your product's variations, you'll see fields for entering wholesale (WSP) and MSRP/RRP pricing for each channel.
The following screenshot shows a product variation screen with four channels:
- Wholesale USD Channel
- Wholesale GBP Channel
- Wholesale CAD Channel
- Unique Wholesale Private Client USD Channel
For each channel, the wholesale (WSP) price is the price you are charging customers. The MSRP price is used to optionally provide suggested retail pricing on certain paperwork (delivery notes, line sheets etc). If you click in the MSRP column, you actually get recommended amounts based on your total cost. For more details, see our Product Variation documentation.
After you created a Channel and you want to make a change (e.g. hide it or rename it):
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Select Channels & Currency
- Locate your Channel
- Click on the edit icon (pencil) at the end of the row
- Make your change
- Click Update Channel when you are ready to save.
Overriding bank details
If you are using channels to sell in an alternative currency or through a subsidiary business, you will probably want to customize the bank details printed on invoices. This is easy to achieve on a per-channel basis:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels.
- Click the edit icon to edit the desired channel.
- Enter overriding bank details.